Sunday, 5 February 2012

Debut

We love having family photos, but as our documentation of the last few years reveals, we are terrible at actually getting out the camera and taking them.  We are lucky to have a sister/sister-in-law who takes beautiful pictures (thanks Carrie!), but unfortunately she's not here everyday.  So this blog is started with two main purposes: (1) to 'encourage' us to take pictures more regularly, and (2) to allow family and friends to follow our new arrival, baby Lillian, and enjoy the eye candy that she provides.  Although we're not excluding the occasional guest appearance of our old arrivals, Picasso the cat and Suki the dog. 

So without further adieu, the first thing to be shared is my best attempt to capture the results of one of Lillian's favourite pastimes: trying to break free of her nightly swaddle. 





Sometimes she succeeds, and I wake to find her with one or both arms outside the swaddle.  Sometimes the path of her arm goes awry, and her arm works itsself out of the sleeve of her sleeper.  Her dad affectionately calls this 'chicken winging'.  From the picture, I think you can see why!  When she's been trying really hard, she gets it right out of the sleeve and up through her neck opening.  I guess that still counts, right?  

Here, I've helped her out a bit.  Before re-swaddling her, that is.  It's still the middle of the night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment